Saturday, May 21, 2011

Savings!

So, today's savings is a bit more unconventional...

At walmart, I returned one of the packages of diapers (they only had the size 2 diapers and not the size 1... go figure!) and bought the correct type (which had 10 more diapers in the package) with a coupon and saved even more!

Store: Walmart
Quest: get the right kind of diapers

Purchases:
return old package
get new package

Savings:
$1 off coupon
$1.05 returned

Then... Clint needed an Otterbox for his iphone. Could have cost $44.88 at Walmart, but we went to Amazon instead - less than $20! But, shipping was about $5 making the total $25. If I put $25 worth of items in my cart then I would qualify for free shipping. So, I did some shopping and added some breastfeeding pads (glamorous, I know!) and a clearance iphone case for me. The total went to $27 and I got free shipping. $2 more saved me from paying shipping and I needed more pads anyway!

Store: Amazon.com
Quest: get Clint an Otterbox

Purchases:
Otterbox $20
Case $2
Pads $5

Savings:
$3 (I spent $2 more to avoid $5 in shipping so I saved the difference between paying shipping and buying more products)

TOTAL SAVINGS: $5.05

GRAND TOTAL SAVINGS TO DATE: $93.80

Progress: 9.38%

No comments: