Ok, I have a few savings things to catch up on...
I did another Amazon purchase thing. I wanted to get some books that had been recommended to me and were on my "to buy" list. Amazingly, after shopping around, I found it was actually cheaper to buy the books new and get an order of $25 to qualify for free shipping than it would be to buy the book used and pay for shipping individually.
Store: Amazon.com
Quest: add some books to my personal library
Purchases:
Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God - $8.99
Radical: Taking back your faith from the American dream - $8.99
Letters from a Skeptic: a son wrestles with his father's questions about Christianity - $3.88
This would have been around $22 so it would not qualify for free shipping. I added on:
Washable nursing pads for $6.99
to bring my total to $28.85. Since I spend $3.85 over the $25 to save $8.08 in shipping...
Savings:
$4.23
Then... the big kicker savings... and we are getting rather personal, but this is real life with real life purchases (not like extreme couponing - who really NEEDS 100 bottles of gatorade???)
Store: CVS Pharmacy/ Medco by Mail
Quest: obtain a certain monthly med to insure Ryleigh doesn't get a sibling before we are ready for even less sleep
Purchase:
1 package - $35!!!
Feeling this was ridiculous and knowing my brain was calculating a year's worth of these costs, I looked for an alternative - our insurance company's mail order program. Through this, 1 month cost $5 (3 months at a time for $15). That is some serious savings of $30 per month!!! Now, to be fair, I will calculate only what I have save with my current purchase and will update each time I reorder until the end of the year.
Savings:
$90 (3 months purchased at $30 per month)
Then, we were going to go to Whataburger for lunch. Since the receipts print out a "do this survey and get a free whataburger" offer, I took them up on it. A free whataburger retails for nearly $3. So...
Store: Whataburger
Quest: lunch
Purchases:
Whataburger - free!
Savings:
$2.64 + tax = 2.86
TOTAL SAVINGS: $97.09
GRAND TOTAL SAVINGS TO DATE: $190.89
Progress: 19.1%
No comments:
Post a Comment