Saturday, July 16, 2011

Let's get ready for...

... SAVING!

Got some more that catch up...

A couple weeks ago we took Clint's family out to dinner after church. 'Ol South in downtown Fort Worth offers a 20% off your entire bill if you show them that you checked into Yelp while at their restaurant.

Store: 'Ol South
Quest: Enjoy dinner with family

Purchases: dinner for 5

Savings: 20% off the total bill = $8 and change (I don't remember the cents part so I'll just count the $8 to be safe)

THEN... about a week and a half ago Clint and I stopped off at Sonic and used a coupon to cut our bill down...

Store: Sonic
Quest: LUNCH!

Purchases: 2 chili cheese coneys, 1 drink, and 1 tots

Savings: I had a coupon for a buy one get one free chili cheese coney dog; I already had a caffeine free vanilla diet coke (my fav!) so Clint got his own drink and side. Saved $2.99 plus tax and had a very cheap lunch = $3.24

Then... Clint and I went on our first date night since our sweet little blessing joined us. Nina and Papa watched our little Ryleigh while we went to Genghis Grill, strolled around the mall (scoring free his and her travel pillows from Sleep Number just for finding our "number" - like them on facebook to get your coupon for a free travel pillow), and then enjoyed some ice cream.

Store: Genghis Grill
Quest: date night

Purchase: 2 bowls

Savings: Our buy one bowl get another bowl free coupon saved us $9.99 plus tax = $10.81

TOTAL SAVINGS: $22.05

GRAND TOTAL SAVINGS TO DATE: $275.06

progress so far: 27.5%

No comments: