Already I have another update on savings. Today's entry is an example of several different money saving strategies:
Sign-up bonuses
Coupons
AND
comparison shopping
With a new (ridiculously adorable) baby in the house, I have a ton of pictures that I have been meaning to get prints of and way too many empty frames around the house to ignore any longer!
Store: Shutterfly.com
Quest: 11 4x6, 2 8x10, 1 16x20, and 1 20x30 prints
Purchases:
All my prints needed plus 39 more 4x6 prints!!!
Savings:
If I had purchased my items through Shutterfly.com at cost, 11 4x6 prints at $0.15 each plus 2 8x10 at $3.99 each plus 1 16x20 at 17.99 plus 1 20x30 at 22.99 plus shipping plus tax would have been $60.34.
By signing up a new account, shutterfly gave me 50 free prints - so instead of 11 4x6 prints, I got all 50 for free! Then, I had a coupon card for $20 off a $20 or more purchase. This would have brought my total to $38.69.
BUT... walmart.com's photo lab sells the larger prints for much less. I removed the 8x10's and 16x20 from my order and placed the order through walmart.com (I had to leave the 20x30 because I needed a $20 minimum order to use my coupon).
My final orders were:
Shutterfly.com $11.88 for 50 4x6 prints and 1 20x30 print
Walmart.com $18.02 for 2 8x10's and 1 16x20
... bringing my total to $29.90
TOTAL SAVINGS: $30.44
GRAND TOTAL SAVINGS TO DATE: $237.65
Progress: 23.8%
Almost a quarter of the way there! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment