Yeah, so, I haven't exactly posted in the last week, but I didn't want to bore anyone. I still don't really have anything to add today, but I was feeling guilty about not posting...
Our diet is going really well. We are maintaining quite a bit of our vegetarian experience - eating meatless meat, veggie rich dishes, and enjoying our local vegan restaurant. I did break down and succumb to a horribly strong BBQ temptation last night - but I got a pulled pork sandwich with very little sauce... Not too bad I don't figure. But, our diet must be working because Clint is hovering at the 20ish pounds lost mark and I hit the 17 1/2 pound mark this morning. After so long seeing the scale increase each time I dared stand on it (and I do mean "dare" since the thought of getting weighed scared me to death!), I love seeing the numbers decrease! I'm not that good about using thedailyplate.com, but I am doing a lot better about portions and healthier choices.
You know you are restricting your diet when:
* your favorite chocolate ice cream makes you think about running on the treadmill for 3 hours
* you care more about calories than prices when you are at a restaurant
* your iphone has become a portable dietician and personal trainer
* thedailyplate.com is book-marked on any internet-ready device within 3 miles of you at any moment
* you snack on whole grain sandwich thins and light cheese instead of a candy bar
* water is your best friend
* you know the gym class schedule by heart (and have the app!)
* your lunch conversations at work are dominated by weight watcher, 24-hour fitness, and how many points/calories is your lunch
* and the number one indicator that you are on a diet:
~~~~~you dream about All-You-Can-Eat Buffets~~~~~ (unfortunately, very true - just ask Clint about 3 nights ago...)
No comments:
Post a Comment