Monday, March 29, 2010

Christ Chapel Bible Church

Last night at church we learned about the amazing process and procedure of the Passover, the symbolism of the Seder meal, and the relevance to us as the body of Christ. Also last night we were challenged to fast and pray for our church as we embark on a new building project. This time of fasting can be as short or as long as God leads us, but I feel challenged to fast, pray, meditate, and reflect during my work day. So, for the entire time I am at work, I will be fasting, reading the Bible (during lunch and my conference time), seeking God's plan for our family's financial contribution to CCBC, and refocusing my attention on God.

I decided to do this during work, since this time seems to be the time when I get most caught up in other things. I get most stressed, over-worked, immersed in tasks, and exposed to worldly behaviors during the 7:30-4:30 time block. So, instead of eating breakfast this morning, I read in Dueteronomy about God's provisions and deliverance. Instead of eating lunch, I will meditate on God's word and reflect on His amazing love for me. Instead of snacks, I will dedicate my actions to God's will.

Clint has also committed to fasting and praying with me (albeit, at different times and in different places) during the lunch hour.

Please pray for us today.

No comments: