Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A New Year and a Fresh Start

Ok. So, of course, I am a little late getting to actually listing my new year's resolutions (I think I resolved to be more on top of things - I guess that's out the window!), but here I go...

* I resolve to fully rely on God. And, no, I'm not talking F.R.O.G. I am talking about the real, genuine, my-world's-falling-apart-yet-I'm-still-keeping-calm kind of trusting on God. I have really been shown yet again how powerful our God is and want to acknowledge that by making Him my first and most important resolution.

* I resolve to read the Bible chronologically in one year ending with my last Scripture reading at midnight on New Year's Eve 2011.

* I resolve to once and for all lose the 50 pounds I've put on since the wedding so that I can do a Trash-The-Dress photo shoot in my wedding gown. I'm thinking about going down to the coast or somewhere with a lot of water... Any ideas?

* I resolve to work out by walking, running, and biking in an effort to prepare myself for a Half-Marathon in September. Clint and I are doing this as a joint effort - we will start with a 1K walk, 5K walk, 5K run, 10K run, and finish with a Half-Marathon! I am so excited!!!

* I resolve (ok, Clint and I resolve - I guess I can't take all the credit) to continue our accelerated debt repayment plan in an effort to be debt free! Target date: July 2022. Just 12.5 years to go and that will take care of all student loans and the house loan without any new loans (car, etc.).

* I resolve to start every day with a renewed sense of purpose. (I know that is vague, but it felt right to put it in there!)

* AND FINALLY... I will start the 101 in 1001 list. This will be a list of 101 items that I have to complete in 1001 days... Wish me luck!

Happy New Year everyone!!!

No comments: