Shame on me... It has been a month and a half since my last post! Wow! I'm ashamed of myself... and even still I don't have too much to talk about! *I know - that's a first!*
Well, I know I have talked a lot about our diets and weight loss endeavors and so far we have been quite successful. Clint has easily hit fifty pounds and I am pushing forty pounds! That's in less than 7 months - I think that is quite impressive and a healthy rate of loss.
Now that we are losing the weight, we are also going to be modifying the quality of our foods. I am trying to make a switch to more raw (not uncooked, but less processed), clean, organice foods. Now, hold on, I'm not going off the deep end, but I just think that the fuel we give our bodies should be high-quality and meaningful. Too often, meals are an after-thought and we end up throwing trash into our system. Then, we wonder why we feel sluggish and bloated.
Instead, we are creating meal plans (side benefit: this helps a LOT with budgeting and grocery bills!) full of whole wheat breads and pastas; fresh, organic fruits and vegetables; appropriate serving portions; and limited processed foods.
Then, just for fun, I made this trail mix from raw ingredients at Central Market. Yay for being healthier! 

1 comment:
Wow, Jennifer! This is great. I cannot believe you have lost almost 40 pounds. It seems like yesterday it was 20. Great job...I'm so proud of you. See you soon at work.
Whit
Post a Comment