Also, I am officially done with my first graduate class tomorrow! Although, I've already finished and submitted all of my coursework and have closed out the program. Now I am 1/12th the way to my master's and my principal certificate! I am so excited and am absolutely loving my program. I think I've realized again just how much I enjoy being a student - Clint and I are even talking about the possibility of him doing his master's and I might pursue my doctorate! Wouldn't that be fun - Dr. Hoover! It has a nice ring to it.
And then, this morning, we woke up bright and early at 5:20am to go to McKinney, Texas to participate in our first 5k. Clint and I crossed the finish line and are so proud of ourselves! We ran to benefit the YMCA Strong Kids Campaign. We are looking into upping our training at the gym with the elliptical and the treadmill with some weight machines built in so that the next time we run we can do better. We are working up to 101 list item #1 "Run a half marathon". We are looking at September for that... But, until then, I think we will do some more training and run another 5k in March. Very exciting!
Enjoy some pictures from our 5k - keep in mind that this was a Valentine's day run and there was a certain "dressing up" component...





Our 101 list items #2 and #15 are being planned for next week. We are going to freshen up our diet with no sodas and vegetarian recipes. We will see how it goes, but it should be very interesting - I'm actually looking forward to giving this a try. I think it will be very healthy for us. I'll post the recipes and menu once we finish the "experiment". That means that I will add recipes for 101 list item #40. That should be yummy!
No comments:
Post a Comment